Intellectual and Employment Benefits
Knowledge and Critical Thinking Skills
In addition to the high standards of the University, students of Political Economy @Athabasca University will benefit from the intellectual and practical experiences structured into the program. Students completing the program will acquire or further develop their knowledge base and skills.
- Students will be encouraged to develop both depth and breadth of knowledge in the area of Political Economy, as well as overall critical thinking skills.
- Students will acquire generalist and specialist knowledge of the theories of Political Economy.
- They will be able to critically access challenges that are transforming the public and corporate sector as well as civil society and the local and global levels.
- They will develop a working knowledge of local and global political and economic ideas, practices, policies, processes and institutions.
- They will come to understand the dynamics and needs of a globalized and increasingly knowledge-based society and economy.
- Successful graduates will be able to compete successfully and confidently in world class organizations.
- Graduates will develop effective skills for leadership in government, the private sector or non-profit and voluntary sector.
For more information on job opportunities in Political Economy and related fields, please consult the following.
"Careers in Political Science" Canadian Political Science/Association Canadienne de Science Politique
Canadian Economics Association/Association Canadienne d'Economique
"CABE Posting of Jobs for Economists" Canadian Association for Business and Economics
"Jobs, Grants and Academic Advice" American Economic Association
"Jobs and Careers in Political Science" American Political Science Association
"Professional Development and Placement" International Studies Association
Poly-Cy Internet Resources: Jobs
Poly-Cy - Jobs Internationally
Poly-Cy - Jobs in International Organizations